IE6 Stretched Button Bug
If an input is given a type "button" or "submit" and the value used to apply text to the button is over 18 characters long, the button is shown stretched horizontally. The top and bottom border is also thicker. The effect increases with the length of the button text used.
- The effect happens using either
<input type="button" /> or
- It doesn't matter if there are spaces in the button text or not.
- Even if a line-break is introduced into the button text, and the resulting shape is smaller than a non-affected button, the effect still occurs, as shown by the last 3 rows of buttons above.
- Padding has no relation to the bug.
- You need to be using Windows XP's default theme (not Classic) to see it.
- Update 20 October 2006: Also affects IE7.
Bug demo created by Chris Hester 14 December 2005 · Last updated 20 October 2006.